Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Tuesday

Terry and Larry picked me up a little after 10:00 and we drove to Santa Barbara. Got there shortly before noon and found Betty in the recreation room. I asked to have her brought out to the atrium, and the very kind and accommodating staff member wheeled her there. Shortly after, Carolyn and her son, Finn, arrived and we settled down to have a long, good, family gathering. Here's Larry saying hello to Betty when we got there, Terry in the doorway:


And in the atrium, here are the three survivors of the once eight-member Byrne family:


And here we are with Terry, Carolyn, and Finn:


We had a wonderful, two-hour afternoon with Betty, before we said goodbye to her, Carolyn, and Finn. The three of us then went to the pier for lunch. I suggested the Moby Dick, as I had been there in January when Mike, Paula, and the girls were here. We then went to the Santa Barbara Mission, thanks to Terry's suggestion (and her expert driving). Greatly enjoyed it and here are a few shots:
Home after a wonderful day, thanks to my dear niece, Terry, and my dear brother, Larry. Today, we'll go to the Margaritaville Restaurant at the Ventura Harbor to celebrate Ellen's birthday. Ellen will pick me up at noon, Larry and Terry will meet us there at 12:30 and Carolyn will join us a little later after an appointment. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...