Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Monday

Did a color wash in the  morning, then putzed around with this and that until 1:15 when I went to meet Lorraine at the mailboxes. We drove to Victoria Care Center and while Lorraine visited two people she knows there, I saw Jim. I was pleasantly surprised that he seemed considerably better than he had at the hospital. That doesn't mean he was perfectly okay or even as "with it" as he was when I met him, but he was more responsive for sure. I stayed for only about fifteen minutes, then said I'd visit again before I leave for Jersey.

I then searched out the P.T. and dietician, both of whom were optimistic. Jim himself had mentioned that he's in group exercise and that he likes the food better than the hospital's. The dietician said he's been eating 74 to 100 percent of his meals--they actually figure it that way, she has a chart. Also visited the social worker, who said a psychiatrist will evaluate Jim's condition, as to whether he should be in permanent placement or not. I now am hopeful he may be able to live in his own place, especially since he has home-health services.  I told him I'd visit again before I go to Jersey.

Texted Suzanne, Vickie, and Ellen about Jim, then talked to Vickie. Told her I'LL get the Access Van to take me to the Sheraton where I'll get the Airporter to LAX, but asked if she'll be backup, in case they don't show. She insisted I not call the Van, that she'd take me, although we have to leave at 6:00 am. What a good friend.

I then decided to go to Soaring Spirits dinner after all. Took the 21 bus to Telephone Avenue, then walked a mile (the Santa Ana winds made that a challenge), then boarded the 11. I had switched purses and darn, forgot my bus pass. However, I sweet-talked the drivers and both were okay with me boarding. Got to Stone Fire Grille, got a child's pizza and an IPA and greatly enjoyed being there with Vera, Gayle, Glenda, and Lydall with our far-ranging talk, as always. Vera took me home and I got in at 7:30. Not a bad day.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...