Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Monday

 Did a color wash, then spent the rest of the morning tidying up. Larry and Terry called when they were a short distance away and, after some confusion about which entrance I could beam them in, we met up and it was so good to see them. I got them in the Hill Street gate, so they could park in my spot, then we strolled to my apartment. We sat and chatted for a bit, then I suggested the Thai restaurant right across in the Von's shopping center and that's where we went for lunch. We had a great time and I got to know Terry  better: 

She's 64 and lives in Mississippi. She was in the navy for four years and now teaches business courses at a college. Married to (yet another) Mike, has two daughters and a grandson about to start college. She's an outgoing, talkative type and it's fun to be with her. As for Larry, at 92, he's slowed down a bit and uses a cane. However, he's mentally sound and we three enjoyed getting to know each other over lunch. 

We strolled back to my place and decided we'd go see Betty today, then Larry and Terry went back to their motel. I called niece Carolyn and she'll meet us at Villa Alamar. Tomorrow, all five of us will take Ellen to a birthday lunch at Margaritaville at the Ventura Harbor. Later, I called Larry to suggest he and Terry might like to eat at Aloha and stroll the harbor; I think it's fairly near the motel. 

Happy day: I slept straight through and just got up at 5:30--that feels so good.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...