Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Tuesday

Tested again--negative. And now, with this latest, plus ten days after infection, plus no symptoms for several days, I've finished with COVID. Unless I show symptoms again, I'm not going to obsess over it. Hearted by that news, I walked over to VON'S for bread, a frozen pizza, and a few other things, including five pounds of carrots...

...What was I thinking??? Five pounds is a lot of carrots, so I had to spend some time preparing them. After washing and trimming, I put half in the slow cooker with a few tangerines, a dash of cinnamon, and set it on. The other half, I seasoned and olive oil-ed and roasted in the oven. I had some with lunch, but it's a good thing I have room in the freezer.

On the serious side, I got calls about Jim from two social workers: Cheryl from the Agency on Aging and Angel, from the hospital. I gave them some basic information (his home address and so on) and we talked over the situation. Angel will recommend that Jim enter a care facility to recover from his current condition, then possibly there'll be a permanent placement.  At this point, I agree that this is best situation possible. 

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

                                  

This appeared on Instagram: my (soon to be ex) daughter-in-law, Paula, who will be participating in the Run for Hope in Singapore in November.


runforhopesg's profile picture
Introducing our first ambassador for Run For Hope 2024, Paula O’Callaghan!

Paula's journey, marked by her own battle with breast cancer and the loss of her former helper to the disease, underscores the critical importance of early detection and regular screenings for women, particularly those over 40. As an ambassador of Run For Hope 2024, Paula uses her experience to advocate for cancer research and raise awareness, sharing her story to inspire others to prioritize their health and support the fight against cancer. 
Join Paula in supporting Run For Hope as we work together to raise awareness and combat cancer.                             

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...