Friday, May 05, 2023

Thursday

Went over to Von's for a few items, stowed them, and made my lunch, then walked to the area on Hill Street where Diane and I have had lunch. It was pleasant, but a little breezy, and rain had been predicted, so I didn't go on to The Market, as I had planned, but walked the footbridge home. 

Got a list of signups for the Acting For Amateurs class--seven in all, but later, Dusty, our prez, said she'd like to be in, so good. Also, I'm having lunch with Diane today and will try to persuade her to to the same. I know her neuropathy is worse, also that it's a chore for her to walk to my place from the entrance, but A For A will be in the all-purpose room and the Access Van can drop her right at the door. 

I found a rather fuzzy photo of my kids at Monticello, c. 1971, and asked somebody at Photo Restoration and Repair to improve it. Two people did and I like both results. As can be seen, the second one, though sharper, distorts a bit, so the faces aren't as natural.                                                  

The little smart-aleck* in front is my boy, Mikey, of course, now a 57-year-old Dad and resident of Singapore. The others look a little impatient, too--maybe they were tired of getting their picture taken? The smaller girl in the white top called on her way home from work yesterday, just to say hello. She does that often and it always gives me a lift. 

Other contacts: Sharon called to say she was bringing "food" to T.O.P.S. today, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. (Okay, but this is a weight loss group, remember?) and Bobbi texted me to say she won't be at the meeting, as she has a doctor's appointment. I don't know why people call me instead of leader Lennie--could it be because she lets all calls go to voicemail?  Also, she doesn't do text, PM, or email, so there you are. 

* I got an early Mother's Day gift from the little smart-aleck, which is lovely:
And so was the loving note he sent with it, but I won't add that.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Beautiful plant and so is the plate it's sitting on. BtW, I think the little girl in white (Ellen) looks just like you in that photo.

Mimi said...

I do think El has some resemblance to me, Pat. As for the plate, I picked it up for a song at a flea market--always liked the look.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...