Monday, May 08, 2023

Sunday

Got up at 5:00, which meant I had only six hours, but I felt okay. Did the usual Sunday--crossword was a goodie and I go all but two--then prepared two oranges for applesauce. I had bought three pounds of apples on Saturday and I plan to pare them, then put them in the slow cooker with the citrus and cinnamon.

Put on Facebook and later, did a jigsaw of, this wonderful moonlit Ventnor scene by the master photographer, Sean Gleason:

                                          

Walked out the door at noon, met Suzanne on our joint front path, Vickie came, and off we went to Camarillo and the Garden Tour. Camarillo is a wealthy, quite beautiful town and the gardens were, of course, lovely.  There were six on the list and here are a few pictures:



At the last (incredibly large and luxurious estate up in the hills), there was not only the "Old Man Band" pictured above, but a large, open-sided pool house with strawberries, cookies, and cucumber water (vile, if you ask me, but Vickie liked it). While we were having our refreshments, Margarita, my acquaintance from BCNN, came up to say hello. I introduced her to Vickie and Suzanne, and we chatted. 

Not unexpectedly, a lot of people greeted Suzanne, since Livingston Memorial, which sponsors the tour, is closely affiliated with St. John's, where Suzanne worked for 36 years. She introduced us to Anita Somebody, the wife of a St. John's doctor, who had founded the tour twenty-five or so years ago. Then Heather Somebody, the director of Public Relations at St. John's, who organized this year's tour, came up to say hello.  Vickie also knew one of the volunteers, a pharmacist where--I think--she gets her chemo treatments.

Home at 4:30 and I puttered around. After dinner, I sat down to watch the rest of A Man Called Otto (contrived, predictable, overly sentimental, and I loved it) and again, stayed up late (10:30), but slept well and didn't get up until 6:00.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...