Saturday, May 27, 2023

Friday

No T.O.P.S yesterday, so about 11:00, I went with my little cart to Von's and got two pounds of extra jumbo shrimp (raw, frozen); two skinless, boneless chicken breasts; a pound of big, beautiful strawberries; and a gigantinormous cauliflower. Stowed them and was just about to make lunch when Stella called. She was down at the Green Thumb on Victoria and did I want to go to lunch? Sure, why not, and she suggested IHop. Hmm...usually not a choice of mine, but I said okay, I'd walk down there. She then said she'd pick me up and how about The Cajun Kitchen in town, instead? Fine by me and that's where we went. 

Stella kept saying we had been there before, but I assured her she must be thinking of someone else because I never had. After lunch, she can also be assured I'll never be there again. Why? Because I had exactly the same meal there--a cheeseburger and a beer--that I had had at the Victorian Pub with Diane three days ago and it totaled almost exactly ten dollars more--infuriating! The cheeseburger was $14.50, as opposed to $11.00 at the Pub and what gets to me is that the former is much more attractive, better decorated, and for me, in a considerably more convenient location. The C.K. is just a little hole-in-the-wall luncheonette. --😠Okay, rant over.😡--      

I'm participating in a BrainHealth study and spent more than an hour on the tests, which are varied and extensive. Hope it does somebody some good. I wasn't all all hungry, so skipped dinner; just had some cheddar crackers and yogurt while watching my hour of Netflix. 

I love this shot somebody posted on Facebook of the Ventnor beach and pier at sunrise; saved it and also did a jigsaw of it:

The mottled sand reminds me of a whale or sea dragon, with one big eye up top.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...