Sunday, May 14, 2023

Saturday

Stumped as to how to get the printer to work, it occurred to me to ask Vickie if she had ever used a computer tech. I texted her and she said she herself would come over and, if she couldn't do it, her pool friend, Mike, would. She came, she was here for a good hour and a half, and YAY--it's working! I don't want to go into detail about it, but it was pretty complicated.

Anyway, by that time, it was 11:30 and I told Vickie I'd like to visit Ivy Lawn, where her long-time partner, Mary, is buried, then I'd like to take her to lunch. She was up for that and off we went.

I love cemeteries and Ivy Lawn is a beauty. It's a shame it wasn't sunny--June Gloom a month early--but it was still beautiful. Mary's ashes are buried with others in this lovely "reflection garden" and here's Vickie at Mary's eagle:

I had cut a rose from my miniature rose bush and left it for Mary on the eagle:
I took other pics, but I'll add only the following here. It's actually the back of an angel sculpture, but when we approached it, I immediately saw an agonized face:
                                         
Carolyn Dudley, of Dudley House, and many of her family are buried here, too. I had been to see her grave before I impersonated her at the county fair--could it be five years ago? Yep.

From the cemetery,  we went to the Hill Street Cafe and sat out on the patio. Both had hamburgers (I don't buy red meat, but I'll eat it when I'm out) and we laughed when I asked mine to be very rare (I want to hear a faint "moo" from it) and Vickie wanted hers very well done. We talked and talked--got to know each other better and what a good friend she is to have. 

Home, I took an hour's nap, then printed out my first week's agenda for A. for A. Today, Mothers Day, the Access Van will pick me up and take me to Ellen's, and Greg will make us lunch. My unfortunate problem of Friday  was eased a bit by talking it over with El and another person close to me, so I'm feeling marginally better and am trying to put it behind me.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...