Thursday, May 11, 2023

Wednesday With Carolyn

Early on, I wrote the email to Ken, Sheri's husband, apologizing for my error in calling his ill wife, instead of Sherry A. The latter called me and now, as it turns out, will join Actors For Amateurs. I have serious reservations about this. Rereading this blog of seven years ago, when I first met Sherry, makes me wonder if it would have been better if she hadn't signed up*. And there are several more such entries, I'm afraid. 

I cleaned up a bit, then set the table (new blue placemats, yellow plates, and flowered napkins), put the crystal pickles and applesauce in bowls, made the sandwiches (turkey breast and red leaf lettuce on "rustic bread), and looked over some of my A. for A. paperwork--of which I have a ton. My new printer arrived and I was able to get the box inside and, later, even put the old one in the box and lift the new one onto the low bureau. 

Carolyn got here at 1:00 and brought me this lovely vase with red roses and a beautiful card expressing her love for her "second mother."
I told her that, after my own children, she's the one I love most in the world and that's the truth. We ate happily, then sat on the couch and talked and talked and talked. Naturally, we discussed my twin, her mother, but also about our families and other topics. It's so easy and freeing to talk with her, as it is with my daughters; we have no hidden agendas or taboos and no moralistic stances, which can inhibit conversations with others. We also did a little improv and she's good at it. Carolyn invited Ellen and me to her place for Mothers Day, but I begged off, as I have the first Acting for Amateurs meeting on Monday and I don't want to be out late. 

Ellen called on her way home from work to say she'll be here after work today to set up the printer and put my new easel together. 

*10/1/2016
Sherry is okay to be with for short periods, but the several hours we had to talk wasn't short. I've never known anyone whose insistent blather included so much self-aggrandizement, persecution, and questionable "facts." Trying to change the subject to some neutral one worked only for a time, then it was right back to Saint Sherry and all the odds against her. What a bore, but the music was worth it.
1/22/2017
It was difficult, but I restrained myself from strangling Sherry, who talked throughout every single number, just as she and Doris had done during The Townhouse music programs. These are live performers, dammit, and it's not only rude, it's bush league, classless behavior to gab while they're playing. In fact, I now resolve either to avoid such outings with Sherry or to sit elsewhere

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...