Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Tuesday, Jim, And A Dreadful Experience

Things better, but still a lot going on and I'm going to make this very short, without all my editorial rantings and ravings. (That's with the exception of what's chronicled in the last paragraph, which I wish hadn't happened.) 

Jim came at his usual 12:30 and enjoyed the lunch, including the applesauce and strawberry ice cream I made on Monday. 

Went over to the office about the rental insurance email and was told they had gotten the renewal and the email was sent in error. 

Stopped into the gathering room (or whatever they call it) and it looks pretty good for my class:

Called signups for my A for A class and straightened out, more or less. I now have eight; one's iffy, but that's okay, I'll go with seven or six, if necessary.

Niece Carolyn called to confirm she'll be here for lunch today.  TODAY??!!  I thought she was coming tomorrow! Looked on my calendar and, of course, I had it down for Wednesday; why I thought it was Thursday is because I'm a bloomin' idiot. Ran over to Von's for lunchmeat and stuff.

After dinner, I sent out a confirmation to my A for A class. Hmm...now I'll just have to decide how to configure a good format. I have agenda lists from my earlier classes, but it's been awhile and I want to modify slightly.

I tried to put together the easel I had bought for the class and, never having been able to do that kind of thing, put it to one side. Maybe I can entice Carolyn to help or maybe Ellen.

My new printer should be here today.  I hope whatever I have to do to that isn't too complicated.

To top off the day, I had a dreadful experience: At 8:30, just as I was about to sit down for my one hour of tele-viewing (I'm in the middle of Fatal Attraction), the phone rang. I saw "Sherry" on the screen and thought, "good; I've sent two emails and called her twice to see if she still wants to be in my A. for A. class, and she hadn't gotten back to me." I answered and heard a male voice start loudly haranguing me for constantly calling, his wife has been in the hospital for a month, she's on oxygen, why do I keep dong this--and so on. At first, I was mystified, but then I realized: Sheri O., is the president of Heritage, Inc, which runs Dudley House. Years ago, when I first became a docent there, I put her number in my phone--but I didn't know the alternate spelling and listed it as "Sherry."  When I was contacting those who had signed up for my soon-to-meet A. for A., Sherry A. was one. I had known Sherry when I was in BCNN--a royal pain, as I recorded here years ago--and she tends not to answer emails. I called her twice to see if she still wanted to be in it--I thought I called her, that is, but I actually was called Shari's number. Damn, I knew she was very ill--dying, in fact, I think--but had no idea I was calling hr number. I tried to explain this to the caller, her husband, Ken, whom I've met, but he wouldn't listen nd finally hung up on me. All I can think of to do now is send him an email--I have his address--to apologize again and try to explain.   


No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...