Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Tuesday

I wanted to exchange for size some underwear I bought the other day at Target, so bused there before I met Diane for lunch. Did so and had time left, so went to The Market to pick up jumbo paper clips. I wasn't surprised to see Diane there; she's usually early for anything, as I am. 

We strolled the few doors down to the Victorian Pub. My friend, Bobbi, who's friendly with the owners, recommended the curry pasta and I was gong to order it--until I saw the word "spicy" on the menu. Oh, no, I wasn't going to take a chance. Diane ordered it and I took a taste of hers--so glad I didn't get it. I had a cheeseburger (since I don't eat beef at home, I often have one out), and it was yummy along with the Topa-Topa ale. 

As ever, we talked for a long time; stayed about two hours, then I walked Diane to the bus stop, then  walked home. Tried to nap, but couldn't, so got up.  

This was on the Ventnor Facebook page and oh, boy, I see the water, and feel the sun and the sand under my feet:

                                 

Speaking of pictures, my daughter-in-law posted these of herself and my two darling granddaughters---not sure it was on Mothers Day or not:
And here's Violet, 14, with an incredible concocton called "a sweet and salty crazy shake." 

Greg texted to ask what time we preferred for lunch today; I told him 12:30 and called Jim to ask him to pick me up at noon. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...