Friday, May 12, 2023

Thursday

If yesterday was Friday, instead of today, I would have called it "FREAKIN' FRIDAY!"  

For openers, my Internet was down for a time in the morning. Called Yandoo Communications, but by the time they called back, it had come on again. 

I was having fits and connipions over the death of my printer, exacerbated by the knowledge I had almost nothing done for my Acting For Amateurs class, which is coming right up. Yes, I had bought the easel, but not the large, display paper "notebook" to go on it.  Okay, I had some outlines and agendas from my earlier classes in both NJ and here, but they had to be adapted to this one. To that end, I took my cart, walked the mile and some to Telephone Road, bused to the B & N shopping center and went to Michael's. Before I left, Suzanne stopped in (on her way to the pool) and we chatted for a bit. 

At Michael's, I was confronted with a array of large tablets of all sizes and types (drawing, painting, all medium, etc.). Finally picked a reasonably large one, then went across to Barnes & Noble to look for the June "Jumble" booklet--not in yet. Walked from there to Office Depot to check that they have the right ink for the new printer--check. Finally got home after 2:00, so had a late lunch.

I at least was able to work on the A. For A. agenda and am pretty well into it. I still have to get some script holders and other things, but I'm more helpful about it now. 

Ellen came after work about 4:30; sh had also  had also had a horrendous day (and hers included a classroom full of third-graders!), which involved computer and Internet problems with a new program.  She tackled getting the new printer set up--whatever happened to the days you just plugged a new appliance in?--which took an age and had all kinds of annoying issues. It was finally done and she turned to putting together my new easel. It didn't happen and we finally decided I'd bring it with me on Sunday and Greg (who's making us lunch) would do it. She lugged the old printer to the trash before she left. 

Got up this morning and the freakin' printer is dark. I'm going to call somebody to come in. Boy, is this a downer. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...