Thursday, May 25, 2023

Wednesday With The Guys

Jim picked me up at noon and off we went to Ojai. Greg had made curried chicken, spinach, and a summer salad--delicious, as all his fare is. Although he doesn't usually serve dessert, he had also picked up some good cookies at the Hip Vegan. Jim had wine, I beer, and Greg water. 

After a leisurely meal, we sat outside in the sunshine and talked and talked. I mentioned Diane's guru, Eckhart Tolle, the German spiritual advisor, and to my surprise, Greg has read his books and knows a lot about him. My friend, Diane, is a Tolle Teacher of Presence and is devoted to the guy. Impulsively, I invited Greg over on Monday for lunch and will ask Diane, too. 

We stayed until after 4:00, then said goodbye with many thanks. When we got a few miles down on Route 33, though, there was a road block and detour. I had no idea how to get back to Ventura and Jim, being helpless in a situation like that, didn't either. I called Ellen, who was buying specially made shoes (at almost 200 bucks a pop) in Ventura and, after a lot of back and forth, she told me where to go. However, we decided to see if it might be open, drove back and it was, so we got back with no further problems.   

It occurred to me that Monday, Memorial Day, may not be a good time to have the two Tolle devotees over, as there's no bus or van service that day (impossible to understand why). Maybe I'll ask if they can come on Sunday or another time, instead. 

Talked to Ellen later, partly about the alarming increase in Jim's condition. However, Greg had told her he had pretty much joined in our conversation, and that was so. If he wasn't exactly Chatty Charlie, at least he expounded on a few topics. 

Got it in two today (Thursday, 6:00 am):

Wordle 705 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xxxxxxxxxx

Notes to myself: 

1.) Called the hematologist's office, as they hadn't gotten back to me about an appointment. Was told Dr. Banta looked at the blood tests, said there was no change, and I didn't need to see him. Good to know. 

2.)  Sent for Heloise's pamphlets on baking soda as cleaner and most-requested recipes. Cost: $12, charged on Bank of the West card.


No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...