Thursday, May 04, 2023

Wednesday

Got up at 5:30 and pulled together and packed up some of my extensive acting stuff, including this from Welcome Home, my debut with Fractured Actors:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and off we went to Beach Cities Neighbors And Newcomers at the yacht club. It was jammed, as usual, but I laid out my display. The sign-up sheet was already out--along with a remarkable number of others for prospective groups and I added the invitation: 

The meeting itself seemed to drag on and on. After president Dusty made announcements and so on, Barbara, the activities director, introduced those who had new groups and I said my piece ("this is not a discussion group," etc.) The business meeting went on for more than an hour, then the speaker--the director, or whatever he's called--of the seaport in Port Hueneme, which is a small city in Ventura County. The first part, the history of the place, was interesting, the rest  snooze fest.

After, about thirty of us, including Julie and me, went to lunch at The Greek. I just had a bowl of clam chowder and a beer (not hungry, for some reason) but enjoyed talking to Joan Somebody, Barbara Somebody, and Pat Somebody. Joan signed up for my acting class; not sure who else did, as I won't get the list until Carolee Somebody collects and records them. 

Home about 2:00 and found an email from Connie K. with the news that, after a three-year hiatus, the Maritime Museum in Oxnard will again present "Art Comes Alive" in August. She asked all who participated before if they wanted to reprise their roles (I was a Dutch fishwife). I do and wrote back to that effect. She emailed me again to ask if my "niece"--it's actually my nephew, Steve, and his family--wanted to do it again, also, and I sent them the message.

Lora texted me, suggesting we have dinner before we four go to the Fractured Actors show on Saturday. I mentioned this to Julie as we drove home and she suggested The Cave--a stroke of genius, as it's very near the show and it's a neat place. I haven't been there for about a year, but Nancy and I used to go and I'll be glad to revisit.

I was a little concerned that Diane wasn't at BCNN, so texted her and she responded that her legs were bad again. I was so sorry--I knew she was looking forward to the meeting--and we texted back and forth, then made a date for lunch on Friday in the park across from her place.  Walked over to CVS to get my medication and that topped off the not particularly interesting day. 

(My letter about Biden and the White House correspondents' roast was published as written yesterday.)

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Love the sign-up sheet. I'd be signing up myself.

Mimi said...

Pat, I'd LOVE to have you! All you have to do is join BCNN--oh, and get here once a week, but that's no prob, right?

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...