Friday, March 08, 2019

Silvercrest

No Kimball, as I wanted to save my legs for the walks to and from the buses. I left at 9:00 and was pleased that I didn't have much problem walking; my left leg has improved a lot and my bunion is somewhat less sore.
Got to Silvercrest and the exercise class shortly before ten. It was a good session--invigorating, in fact. After, Diane and I went up to her apartment and we had a great lunch: corn pudding, salad, and a kind of folded crepe type thing with a white sauce. Plus, of course, we had some good white wine to go with it.
We talked and talked about politics, religion, philosophy, and our childhoods--very satisfying. Diane and I certainly don't agree about everything, but I like talking to her. She's intelligent and pretty well read and in my book, that makes for enjoyable conversation.
I left about 3:00 and walked to Telephone Avenue for the bus. Since I had nothing scheduled, I just stayed on until I got to town, then stopped into the library and read for a half hour. I took out a DVD to listen to the in the car about "Kick" Kennedy, JFK's sister, who was killed in a plane crash in about 1945. Betty called while I was on the bus to tell me about her recent doings.
Home a little after 6:00 and just had the rest of the cabbage. Suzanne rang my bell to tell me she was going to a sister gathering up in Auburn, leaving today and would be back on Monday.
T.O.P.S. today and I suspect I've gained, as I haven't been able to follow my regular walking routine lately.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...