Thursday, March 07, 2019

The "R" Word

Rain, rain, and more rain. It was raining in the morning, but that isn't the only reason I didn't walk. My bunion has been hurting and the left leg is still a little stiff.
Anyway, I had to restock the larder and went to three different stores for blueberries, spinach, shrimp, and other goodies. Also bought cabbage and apples and put them in the slow cooker.
Lunch, then I called Nancy. The four of us decided to skip Happy Hour, partly because of the rain. Nance and I had a nice chummy talk, though. Betty called and we talked.
Diane emailed to invite me for exercise today at 10, then lunch at her place. I demurred (always wanted to use that in a sentence), saying I wanted to provide lunch, as she had had me three other times. She vetoed that on the grounds that I've given her a lot of clothes and so on--okay, okay, I'll allow myself to be her guest again.Went to Mimi's Cafe and made arrangements for the Actiing Comes Alive lunch reunion for the fifteenth, then e-mailed the "grads." We'll see if any have any interest n getting together again.
Drove to the library to return Fire And Fury, the (negative) Trump administration DVD and fell into conversation with the librarian, Suzanne, about it, Trump, and the present state of the world. Very interesting--we're generally on the same wave length. As we talked, she mentioned the book Bright -Sided/How the Relentless Promotion of Postitive Thinking Has Udermined America. by Barbara Ehrenreich. I've read others of hers, notably Nickeled and Dimed, so took it out and am looking forward to what she has to say.
Went to Mimi's Cafe and made arrangements for the Actiing Comes Alive lunch reunion for the fifteenth, then e-mailed the "grads." We'll see if any have any interest n getting together.
The DVD was overdue, supposed to be returned several weeks ago, and I should have had to pay a fine, but it wasn't on the system. Damn, they're so lackadaisical!
I decided to call the Access van to go to Diane's, but didn't get to it until five after five and they close at five. Okay, I'll walk to the bus stop on Telegraph, but slowly, then walk to get the next bus on Telephone, then walk to Silvercrest. Hey, if I think I can't do it, I'll call Lyft or just drive my car.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...