Wednesday, March 27, 2019

"The Upside"

Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then spent an interminable time on the phone with the Ventura Star, that crappy excuse for a newspaper. I'm keeping a record of all my travail with them--but a fat lot of good it'll do me.
Left about 10:15 to meet Nancy and walked the mile and some to Telephone Road. Got the bus there and to the Regency at our meet-up time of 11:30. The movie was supposed to start at 11:50, but of course, that was really just the start of an unbelievably huge number of ads. There must have been at least an hour of them. We really should remember this and go at least 45 minutes later.
We both enjoyed The Upside, finding it both funny and poignant. It takes place in Manhattan and when I saw the outdoor scenes, I felt a surge of nostalgia for the east coast, even with snow on the ground. Okay, the movie was a little sappy and it was one of those "based on a true story" hybrids, but I like it anyway.
After, we went to The Cave for our wine and appetizers. We were too early for Happy Hour, but that was okay. I had their yummy truffle fries, Nancy their special potato chips and we talked and talked, as ever. Stella called, but figuring she wanted to know if I was walking, I didn't answer.
Nance dropped me off near WinCo, but I decided to skip going there and just get on the bus. Did so and was home about 4:30.
Actual Happy Hour today, but I have a lot I want to get done before 4:00

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...