Friday, March 15, 2019

Frantic To Fun

Walked Kimball. After breakfast, I took a quick shower, dressed, and set off for my 9:30 hair appointment.
I regard getting my hair done the same way I do surgery or dental work. I hate it, fear it, and can't wait to get it over, even when I know I need it. I had flirted with the idea of "letting it go"--my natural hair is now pure white--but came to my senses. In truth, ordeal though it was--two hours worth--Mary did a fabulous job. The color is a kind of medium brown and they had an advertised special: free highlights if you spend over a certain amount, so I told her to put them in. She did and it really looks terrific. The cut is great, too: just below the ears and curving gently toward my face. Of course, I practically had to get a second mortgage to pay for it, but it was worth it.
As for the frantic part, I was all involved with the continuing All Season Solar problem in Jersey that my tenant is experiencing; talked to her and them. Also gathered more tax information for Michelle and contacting Mimi's Cafe and the people going to the A for A lunch today. I had a whole list of other mundane things to do, that I always worry over until they're done. Also, I've to put the lavender plant in the ground before it dies on me.  Dealt with those and other chores after lunch, until I took off for Ventura College.
Diane and I met at the door and went into the Studio Theatre. This is a small, intimate place, with audience chairs on three sides. The performers, all students, come in from every direction possible, back, front, and both sides, plus there was scaffolding along the walls and lots of action there.
The show, Hold On! was great fun, so full of energy it was exhilarating. The vignettes were taken a book from Jules Feiffer's cartoons--fleshed out, you might say. Anyway, it was great and a terrifically fun afternoon.
I took Diane home, then stopped to get--yes, blueberries, what else.  Not being very hungry, I had just veggies--spaghetti squash and carrots--for dinner.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...