Saturday, March 23, 2019

H.H. At Diane's

Walked Kimball, changed, then took off for T.O.P.S. I went down a big point one or something: from 131.9 to 131.8. That's not where I want to be, but considering my problems with walking, I'm okay with it.
The meeting itself was the usual meandering here and there until Cheryl suggested we all make some kind of vow, such as to eat less sugar or whatever, then report on how we did next week. Okay, I'll go along with that and I hope somebody else will. I again took the minutes, as Lora is still on her cruise (she's a travel agent and goes on a lot of them). I stayed to help Sharon out of her chair and into her car--she's very, very heavy and has a multitude of health problems, included bad knees.
Home, changed and had breakfast. I did chores around the house, made lunch, then changed once again and set off for Diane's Happy Hour at 1:30. Got the bus on Victoria to Telephone and the next to Petit. When I walked to Silvercrest, I was still very early, so waited in the lobby for a half hour until Nancy came. We went up to Diane's and had a good time. Along with the Chardonnay and Blue Moon, we had  yummy little whatevers (phyllo dough triangles around spinach, cheese, and other stuff--I think it's Greek), plus the burritos Diane made.  We three talked and talked and talked, Nancy regaling us with accounts of her three marriages.
Finally left at 6:00. Nancy dropped me at the bus, it came very quickly, and I was at Victoria by 6:30. However, I just missed the one to Telegraph, so walked home. I was glad to do it, as it added roughly two miles to my total.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...