Thursday, March 14, 2019

Taxes And Pacific

Walked Kimball. After breakfast, I gathered up my tax stuff and went over to Michelle's, whom I like more and more. Met her when we both lived in Colony Park--her rent went up more than a hundred a month, mine less, but a lot, and I'm glad I moved to Ventura Del Sol.
Michelle was born and brought up in Hawaii, has been divorced for years, has a grown daughter, and lives at Cypress Point. She has a neat apartment--two bedrooms, two baths, a huge patio, and lots of other amenities. However, she pays over two thou for it--ouch!--and in fact, her friend may move in with her and share expenses.
Anyhow, not only is she a bright and seasoned accountant, she's also fun to talk to. She's about my younger daughter's aga, but we're friends on Facebook and I like that. She said I had to provide a few other documents (notably  some kind of info from Chase, which holds the mortgage on my house) and I'll just zap them over to her.
Went from there to WinCo and bought supplies. (Since  I eat mostly fresh food, I have to shop a lot, but that's okay.)  I then went to Cricket to consult Amanda because my text messages seem to have been screwed up and my email hadn't be updating--on my phone, that is.. She did something or other and I hope that fixed it.
Got a text from my tenant, Eileen, asking me to get back in touch with the solar people. She's convinced there's something wrong with the panels because her electric bill went up so high. I'm just about sure she's right, but they don't seem to want to do anything about it. I'll call them tomorrow.
I was glad to get a call from the salon to say Mary had a cancellation, so would I like to switch my color and cut to 9:30 today? Yes, indeed, I much prefer that.
Caught the bus for town and met my three good friends for Happy Hour at Pacific. Our enjoyment at being together was tempered by the news that Nancy's only great-grandson had taken his own life in Phoenix. He had been troubled and had a problem with drugs, but what a blow for her. We lingered far longer than usual--in fact, Nancy and Diane had two glasses of Chardonnay and I had a second beer (Carolyn stuck to soda, as she was driving).
Got home after 7:00, but--happy day!--it wasn't even full dark by then.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...