Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lunch With Ellen

Walked Kimball and after breakfast, went to Ralph's and a few other places for all kinds of foodstuffs and household supplies. Drove to the podiatrist's office once again to leave off my paper work and once again, there was nobody there. I'll call first. As I was getting in my car there, brother Jim called from Virginia. He said he was waiting in the car for Therese and Chrissy, who were shopping in Target. He told me he now uses a cane--dunno why, he's only 93. Jim seems okay mentally, although he slurs his words and lot and couldn't remember my daughter, Alison's name. I think that's pretty normal, though.
I no sooner got home than the phone rang again and it was my brother, Frank. I was surprised to hear he was still in the hospital. His daughter, Francine, was with him and they were on speaker phone, but I didn't want to ask too many questions. We just talked a bit. To round out the male sibling group, I called Larry, too, but there was no answer. Will try him again.
Caught the bus to the transit center at the mall and walked to Mimi's Cafe. I was early, but Ellen came shortly and we had a nice, mother/daughter lunch. I had brought the bad news info with me and showed it to El: a notice that I had gone through a red light and the fine is more than four hundred bucks. I was so upset at it, I failed to read the next communication thoroughly, which I thought said I had to go to Traffic School, too, and pay as much or as more as the fine. Ellen read it, set me straight, and I was so relieved. I'll go to the courthouse tomorrow, pay the fine, and look into it further.
After a leisurely lunch, I went with El  to Target (she drove), then she headed to her hairdresser appointment in town and dropped me on Main Street. I walked up a mile or so, then got the bus to the library, and sat there and read awhile. I looked through The End of Alzheimer's, in which the author, an M.D., says a lifestyle change he calls reCODE  (diet, exercise, and supplements) will cure Alzheimer's. Gee, that's great. I wonder why the thousands of other doctors and millions of deamentia patients and caregivers didn't know that.
Home about 5:00 and in for the night after a good day. Any day with my darling daughter is a good day.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...