Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Lovely...

                                                      What a lovely day--
                                                       Lunch in L.A.
                                                       With Susan and Pat--
                                                       Such fun with that!
Well, it's a lousy poem, but it was a wonderful day.
I half-seriously considered calling Susan in the morning to say I couldn't go because of my leg, but no, no, no, that would be terrible. Also, my leg actually felt better when I got up, so I decided to tough it out. I was glad I had arranged for the Access van and it came promptly on time. The driver picked up one other person, dropped her off, then took me to the station fifteen or so before the train pulled in.
It was fun to ride down to L.A., but I would have preferred just looking out the window to the garrulous woman (my age or a bit younger) who sat next to me and talked on and on, about her high school days, ex-husband, and various other boring topics. She finally got off at Glendale and I went on to the City of the Angels.
In the big, beautiful, art deco lobby, I found Susan and Pat and we laughed and hugged, so delighted to see each other. We walked to Olvera Street and went to the same restaurant we went to in June of 2016. We had good Mexican food, they had Margaritas, I a Mexican beer, and we talked and talked and had a ball. I invited them to come to Ventura next time and now we're planning that--yay! Susan's never been here and I'm not sure Pat has, either.
We were there almost two hours when it occurred to me that my train was leaving at 3:06, so we hustled back to the station. We said goodbye and I got my train. My leg felt so much better I decided it was silly to spend five bucks for the van, so I called to cancel it. Instead, I walked the few blocks to Main and got the bus. Luckily, the rain held off for the most part and I got home reasonably dry. What a great excursion!
Here we are in L.A.. l.to r.: Pat, old lady with her strap showing, and Susan.
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes and indoor

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...