Friday, March 29, 2019

A Temple And Toe Nails

Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then drove to Diane's and got there at 9:00. We took a long walk in her neighborhood--probably two miles in total. We stopped at the Buddhist Temple (Diane has attended services there several times) and a nice Lama (or whatever he was) unlocked the door and allowed me to go in. Very interesting and it's similar to temples where I've been in Asia. We then sat talking for about an hour  in the lovely garden.
Diane is "into," as the saying goes, all kinds of spiritualism, alternative medicine, and you name it, she believes it. She told me how a man cured his stage 4 cancer with positive thinking. I try hard to keep my mouth shut, but that kind of think just drives me nuts. However, we managed to converse civilly before walking back to Silvercrest.
Diane asked me to join her canasta group--well, I'd rather do that than hang by my thumbs for three days, but no, that ain't gonna happen. Anyway, we parted and I got home about 1:00. Had lunch, typed up the minutes for the last T.O.P.S. meeting, then Suzanne rang my bell to ask if I want to go  to Camarillo this afternoon to some kind of bird museum. Well, sure, and we'll leave about 2:30.
I wrote two sympathy notes and headed to the post office for stamps. However, I deviated  to Jessica Nails, as I've been wanting to get a pedicure in preparation for my podiatrist visit next Friday. Did so and I'm glad, but I was hoping my (slight) pain in the big toe would ease and it's about the same. Okay, I can live with it. Got to the P.O. with minutes to spare, then stopped at Sprouts and Smart 'n' Final for blueberries, lettuce, and grapes.
I texted Carole F. to see if she wanted to go to lunch one day; she said yes and suggested Saturday, so we'll meet at noon at Rincon, a new restaurant not far from here.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...