Monday, March 11, 2019

Down A Bit

Walked Kimball, but I guess I was an hour later than usual. I had thought the clocks got turned ahead on Sunday, not Saturday. Well, they did, but I thought it was during the day or something. Anyway, no harm done, I was just a little later for breakfast.
Had breakfast, did the crossword, and cleaned up. Did a few minor chores and some computer stuff.
For some reason, I felt a little down. I started playing solitaire--I mean with actual cards, on the kitchen table. It occurred to me that's exactly what my mother used to do. Boy, talk about your downer.
I saw an article in The New Yorker by Oliver Sacks (I always liked his books) about dementia and how it helped to soothe people if they thought they were back in a familiar role. Sent it to Carole and to Carolyn.
After 1:00, Stella called to see if I wanted to meet in town for lunch. Of course, I was already having lunch by that time. I don't know why she waits until the last minute for stuff. Anyway, I suggested today and she said she'd look at home when her doctor appointment was and let me know. However, she didn't and I may or may not call her.
Speaking of lunch, we now have ten who said they're going to the Acting for Amateurs lunch on Friday and a few haven't responded yet.
I finally shook off my gloominess and got the bus to the mall. Went to Target and got press-on nails for Carolyn's birthday. I'll give her money, too, of course, but I always like to have a concrete present for people to open. Must get a little something for Finn, too.
Home, I drove car to Sprouts for blackberries, cantaloupe, and oranges. I felt better by then and had an okay evening.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...