Friday, March 22, 2019

Avocados And Alzheimer's

I didn't walk Kimball, but did the equivalent mile and a half (or more) because twice, I walked over to Von's to get my blood work done. It's so convenient to have Quest next to the pharmacy there, but  I went twice because I didn't know they've changed their opening from 7 to 8 am.
After breakfast, went to WinCo and got a few things, including a bottle of Chardonnay. Packed that up along with another half bottle I had, plus two bottles of Blue Moon, and drove over to Diane's to leave hem in her fridge for Happy Hour today.
Andrea, who lives here and takes care of her adorable little granddaughter during the day, rang and presented me with three beautiful avocados; not sure if she grows them or bought them.I actually took a nap after lunch then puttered around. Showered and dressed and took off for the Alzheimer program at the hospital.
This was pretty good, especially in explaining the difference between "dementia" and Alzheimer's. As I suspected, "dementia" is an umbrella term; I was surprised to hear that 57 causes of dementia have been identified, Alzheimer's being the most common. I remember being told that the dementia of my sister-in-law, Marybeth, was caused by Lewy Body disease. Anyway, it was worth attending and it was over promptly at 7:00.
I had toyed with the idea of going from there to the Poetry Club at the library, but decided against it. I've been wakeful the last few nights because of my bruised rib (I diagnosed it myself). Although it's a lot less painful than it was, it still bothers me to turn on my left side, which is my preference. Home, I stopped at Suzanne's and gave her one of the avocados from Andrea.
I had turned off my phone for the meeting and when I checked at home, I saw that Ellen and Stella had called. Called El back and--happy day--she asked if I'd like to meet tomorrow, as she'll be in Ventura to get her hair cut. Yes, indeed, and we'll have lunch at Mimi's at 1:00. Called Stella back, who just wanted to chat and talked to her for fifteen or so.


No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...