Friday, October 03, 2014

Chicken and The Shadow

Had a yen for Shop-Rite's rotisserie chicken, so hopped in the car and drove there to get one.  My habit is to eat the drumsticks and wings first, skin (the best part, if you ask me) included, then cut down the rest to put in salad
Spent time firming up The Shadow info.  Now I'm not sure if Steve S. will do Lamont Cranston or if I'll ask Grey.  Decided to give Dayle the Apple Mary role, which I was going to do myself, but I'm not comfortable with performing in the same play I direct.
Betty Mae McG. W. called and we had a good long chat about the lousy reunion.  Yes, it was lousy, in fact.  It was dull as dishwater and there was no attempt whatever to make it memorable.  Betty was amazed there was no planned-for group picture, no program, no listing of who was present, no music of our era piped in, no display of relevant artifacts.  The more I think of it myself, the more annoyed I get.  Hey, let's face it, that dull reunion reflects the class; ours about the dullest Holy Spirit ever produced.
The casting meeting last night went well.  Dayle, her friend, Meryl, and Grey (he'll be the dirty lowlife, Spike Grogan) came, and I was able to cast all the female roles, but need more men.  I can double up to some extent: Desi agreed to play Officer Clancy, in addition to Lame Bill (or Limpy, can't remember which I'm giving him), but I still need another man.  And I must firm up whether Steve S. is available at all to play Lamont Cranston/the Shadow.  If not, I'll have a problem.  Will cast around (love puns!) for another guy.

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...