Thursday, October 23, 2014

Things Hanging Over and Okinawa

"Heavy, heavy, what hangs over?"
I remember my mother saying that.  I think it has to do with an ancient game that involves guessing an object held over one's head. As a child, I was intrigued by the phrase: It seemed oddly exciting and even vaguely sinister.
Yesterday, I dealt with a load of obligations that were hanging over my head.  I washed, chopped, sliced, slow-cooked, fast-boiled, and otherwise prepared the beets, cauliflower, eggplant, lettuce, and tomatoes I had gotten last week from the farm, mindful that I'll get more today.
Also assembled into working piles paperwork related to my major November projects:  Listen to This!  rehearsal and the Acting for Everyone session.  Sent an e-mail with flyer attachment about L. to T! to John P., leader of our Players & Playwrights; he'll assimilate to members.  Composed a message to the A. for E. people to inform them we'll meet at Shalom House next month; will send today.  I need to contact the radio show group, too, and remind them of rehearsal at the Community Center.
I was delighted to find several new videos of the Tokyo Tot on Google +.  Here he was, showing off his prowess in rushing around, climbing stairs, pointing at objects, pushing push-toys, sitting on a sofa with Daddy, and otherwise going about his important thirteen-month-old business. How I love to see him grow!
Late in the gloomy, overcast day, I drove to Manahawkin to pick up various items, including Halloween cards for my seven little pun'kins.
WIDER:  I don't know what's wrong with those pesky Japanese. They have the opportunity to have a lovely new American base on their soil and they resist it.  Ungrateful wretches.
http://fpif.org/resisting-u-s-bases-okinawa/

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Thanks for that link, Mimi. Sounds to me as if the Okinawans have several problems: (1) they're not Japanese. but under Japanese power; and (2) the Japanese are US puppets. That latter problem affects people all over the world, sad to say.

Mimi said...

Jim, I had forgotten that Okinawans are not actually Japanese. Thanks for the reminder.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...