Sunday, October 12, 2014

Printer Woes and Family

Well, I got the printer on-line and it will copy what I put on the glass, but it won't from the computer.  I'm told "the printer is not responding" and I looked on line and was told to try this and that. Did, and so far, nothing has worked.  Sent a sheet (ideas for Bob) to Susan and she was happy to print it out for me, but I don't want to ask that too often.
Re Susan:  She asked me for lunch today when her daughter and granddaughter will be down from Connecticut, plus her cousin.  Of course, I accepted, managing to stifle any guilt feelings because she's had me over a lot more than I have her.
Went to Wal-Mart and a few other places in a steady, unpleasant drizzle. I surprised even myself when I made bacon and eggs for dinner, after coming across bacon in the freezer.
Brother Larry called to invite me to their big annual Christmas gathering in early December.  Nope, don't think so, not this year.  I went last year--Larry rented several floors of a hotel--and enjoyed it, but I had only a day in between there and going to California for Christmas and I don't want to repeat that--too hectic.
My friend called to say her mother-in-law has died.  She had been in Care One for many years, but that wasn't her real life; for that, she resided in the past.  She believed herself to be still a young housewife and mother on the farm in Minnesota and was quite happy there.  She was 88.
I was delighted to see Ellen on Skype--it's been awhile since we were able to connect.  Just as we were about to hang up, finally, at long last, Mike called on Google +.  Saw adorable little Violet and 10-going-on-twenty Vivian, both beautiful children.  Violet was absorbed in some kind of "app" on her tablet(?) and Viv showed me her swim team outfit--suit, shirt, towel, cap--the suit alone costing ninety clams.  I wonder if a talented child from a poor family could ever make it onto one of these teams.  Oh, I forgot--there are no poor families there, unless you  count the ones native to the area.  I guess their kids wouldn't be going to Stamford International School in the first place.  
















No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...