Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Various and The New Walker

The whole day consisted of doing wash, preparing and cooking veggies, and working on The Shadow program.
I sent an e-mail to my cast to schedule a meeting at my house for Thursday--two days from now, aagh!-- when we'll go over the script for the first time.  I'll see if I have to advise or adjust and make sure everybody's on board with their characterizations.  (With something like this, it's a great temptation to get complacent--does that rhyme? Hm...almost--and figure "hey, no memorizing, so it's a piece of cake," but it's not so easy, Bucko.)
Wrote up a piece on the show for The Breeze and must do another for Rick M., of The Sandpaper, the southern Ocean County paper. I happen to know Rick is in Sound of Music, so didn't ask him to be in Shadow.  Of course, so is George S., but he showed up at the meeting last week and will be my "Marty Nelson."
Simmered lots o' veggies in the crock pot, then stir-fried them with turkey burger for dinner.  Very tasty and I have some left for tonight.  Prepared a lot of other good greens in various ways and will enjoy them for several days.
In the evening, I was thrilled to get virtual visit from the Little Prince in Japan.  Now, of course, he's charging all over on his two tot feet, as well as making his wishes known to his parents decidedly.  He can be outraged if they don't comply, but the storms pass quickly and his smiles are just delightful to see.  He surely recognizes me now and the "Nana smile" when he does is the best one of all.           

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...