Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bob and the Tooth

Cloudy and drizzly all the livelong day.  Not exactly a red-letter one, either, although my tooth was quiet in the morning.
As requested, Bob came over at 10.  I had typed out his lines (he has only five), along with tips and pointers on acting, as opposed to simply reading.  The first few times he went over it, he made me vow, "That's the last time I put somebody in a cast without auditioning him unless I've seen him perform."
After some repetition, though, Bob improved a bit.  I drilled and guided and counseled him and he was receptive to it. He's still as wooden as a cigar store Indian, but I think he'd be adequate--barely--by showtime.
I had him give me a back story on Limpy, his character and he did that well.  We chatted a bit and he told me he had been married three times, the first when he was seventeen.  Lives with his mother and stepfather; I don't know if he works or what.  I had him watch the YouTube 1938 Back of the Mike film and he seemed to grasp what we were trying to do.
After he left, I made myself go over to Little Egg Dental, and consult Young Doc P. about my tooth.  Upshot was an X-Ray showed the tooth is cracked and has to come out.  I'll have that done on Monday--ugh, ugh, double ugh!--and, in the meantime, Doc P. gave me two prescriptions, one for an antibiotic, the other for a pain-killer. ("I don't want something wimpy like Tylonal,*" I told him, "I want Percoset*"--and darned if he didn't give me just that.)
Got the prescriptions to Wal-Mart and was there more than an hour, due to a screw-up, but I got home by 6:00.  My friend called and will come over on Wednesday to see about my printer.  However, Frank next door said he'd look at it, too.
Susan came to the door about 7:00 to give me the sheets for the class today she had printed out.  Okay, we're back on track, I fervently hope.
Didn't need to take the pain pills, but took the antibiotic and slept well.  (Hmm...maybe the Chardonnay helped.)
Now I'm off to pick up Aline, then to Margate for my first "Acting for Everyone" class.
*I don't know how to spell them and neither does SpellCheck.

 

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

"Tylenol" and "Percocet." Not that it matters. What you meant was clear.

So, they're going to extract the tooth? What comes after that -- implant?

Mimi said...

Not exactly. I have "a partial" on the top and it's anchored on this tooth and one other. I have to have an artificial tooth put in to replace the natural one.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...