Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Mish-Mash

Happy day, my precious printer is perky again!  My friend came after work and found that a wire was unplugged.  I don't think it was just that before, because I checked it, but I don't care, as long as it's fixed.
Friend told me she and her husband were motorcycling near Chatsworth when they came across a rattlesnake that had been hit by a car.  They thought it was dead, as the head was crushed, but as husband was lifting it with two sticks to put in a bag, it moved. However, he got it in without incident.  She showed me all this on a video in her phone.  They took it to the nature center, so the folks there can know where it was found.  I think they pinpoint locations of rattlesnakes and, I guess, try to move their nests away from inhabited areas--or something.
Called Adele to see if FELS had any objection to us having A. for E. at Shalom House next month, when the library is closed for Veterans Day.  No prob and Bobbi will ask to reserve it on Monday.  Called the only no-show (and only male registrant) and left a message. So far, he hasn't gotten back to me.
Saw Frank and he asked if I wanted to go with him to rehearsal tonight.  Yes, indeed.  Sent my cast a reminder.
Went to Shop-Rite late in the day under gloomy, then rainy skies. Can't resist SR's chicken thighs and could never understand the preference, it seems, for white meat.  I find the dark much more flavorful; wouldn't you know, it's also more caloric.
I was pleased to get a call from long-time friend, Elva B., and we had a good chat; she and I graduated from St. James Grammar School together eight-hundred years ago.  Elva asked if the Paul C. Steelman, an architect interested in buying Atlantic City real estate, might be the son of our co-graduate, Joan Fiore Steelman.  Looked it up and found out he isn't.
Got an e-mail from Joan M. H., thanking me for sending her pictures of her son and my grandson when they were babies; they're now both 32.  Joan's mother, Elaine, and I were close friends in Ewing during the young-married phase of my life and I've known Joan since she was little more than a baby herself.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...