Monday, October 06, 2014

Weekend

Had a wonderful weekend with my friend and her guy.  I was whisked up north late afternoon on Friday and just got back a half hour ago.
I'm not going to record hour-by-hour events of the visit, but it included on Friday evening a "date" with friend's hubby while she hiked.  We went to dinner and I had such an enjoyable time talking to him.
The three of us and two of us took several walks over the weekend and they did a bit of work (their house is on the market) while my contribution was to ooh and aah over how great the place looks. We had delicious breakfasts of blueberry/banana pancakes and scrambled eggs, orange juice and coffee); equally delicious dinners which included homemade sauce over pasta with turkey sausage, as well as fresh beets and other veggies.  On Saturday evening, we watched the documentary on Roger Ebert, Life Itself. I've been dying to see it since I read his autobiography of the same name and was delighted we could get it on Netflick.    
On what this lazy couple considers their respite day, Sunday--la de da, nothing to do but lie around and eat bon bons--a jaunt to Belmar was proposed and I was happy to acquiesce.  I greatly enjoyed walking the boardwalk, crossing the bridge, and strolling onto the beach, just looking around here and there to see what I could see. In the meantime, the pokey pair ran, seven and nine miles respectively, all the way to Sea Girt and beyond, in fact.
We then went to "The Buttered Biscuit," and had excellent lunches, me a Cobb salad, half of which I took with me to eat later.  Home, I read, they showered and tidied up and we had another good dinner, mostly vegetarian, with fresh beets and root vegetables from the farm.
My friend took me home on her way to work this morning and here I am.  What a terrific time I had and now I feel inspired to keep plugging away at my own house-clearing chores.
And besides that, the big news is that Mr. K., the Tokyo Tot, can walk without holding on!

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...