Sunday, July 07, 2013

The Pool and The Pines

Spent the morning on mundane missions in Manahawkin and the afternoon at the pool.  Went over after lunch and found just a few there.  Children are allowed between 11:00 and 3:00 and a lot of the old fogies won't come until after.  Actually, the only kids there yesterday were Joan O.'s two grandchildren of 2 and 6 and they were cute and quiet.
Oh, oh, oh, the water was lovely.  It was cool, but not too cool, and so clear.  It was fine to glide around in it with the big pines overhead and the incredible blue sky and clouds so white they hurt your eyes. 
I kept hearing whistles, fairly loud, outside the fence, and I thought some kids were blowing them.   But Art M. told me it was two hawks--he pointed them out far up in a towering pine--signaling back and forth to each other.  They sounded so mysterious, but perfectly right for that intensely sunny day and me in the pool.
Later, more residents filtered in, including Mary and Don S., who sat with me and with whom I chatted for a half hour or so.  Hank G. and his strange son (I think he had had some kind of drug problem) came in, and so did Barbara B., and Jay and Marilyn P, with whom I'm friendly.  Stayed until about 4:00, a long time for me, showered and dressed and felt so good.
How is it possible to love winter?

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...