Monday, July 01, 2013

Dine Around

After our walk,  Aline called.  She declined my invitation to Dine Around, but may go next month. 
Made up a batch of crystal pickles.  While they sat for the obligatory two hours in the refrigerator, I zipped over to the bank to get money for Dine Around.  Added the sugar and vinegar, packed them in containers, and put them in the freezer for later.
Dine Around was at The Captain's Inn in Forked River.  It's a nice place and we had a semi-private area in a big room on the side.  Joint was jumpin' and so was all of Forked River, now the summer season is in full swing.
I had the broiled seafood combo--mediocre--and sat with people I've known since I moved here almost a decade ago now, as well as newcomers, Bob and Eleanor.  They're nice enough, but seem a typical older generation couple.  He's the leader and talks about weighty topics, such as politics and the state of the world today (comes across as to the right of Krauthammer, of course), and she discusses Paula Deen and how these teenagers are getting worse all the time.  (Hey, maybe they are; I don't know any teenagers.)   
It was a nice evening, though.  Judy and Roman led the usual silly games.  They invited me to accompany them, with Susan and Walter, to Albert Hall in Waretown, to hear bluegrass music.  Hey, I'd rather do that than hang by my thumbs for three days, but I politely declined.  It was nice of her to ask, though, and I told her that.
Today, the lake with the boys, IF (and it's a big if, considering the rain lately) weather permits.  Otherwise, we'll just hang at their grannie's house.  It's always such fun to be with them--can't wait.  

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...