Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Sahara Sam's Water Park

Another wonderful day with the boys.  I got up north at 10 and we left shortly thereafter for Sahara Sam's Water Park in Berlin, N.J.  Took about an hour and we were resigned to staying in the indoor part, but that wasn't necessary later in the day because it cleared and the sun even came out for a time. 
The kids had a ball and so did I.  There were all kinds of water activities, including their favorite, the wave area.  This is a good-sized construction with very realistic waves--actually, they are waves, but machine-made--starting with big rollers and, as they do on a real beach, dwindling to a slow wash at the other end.  It was great fun and I loved it, too.
Most of all, I loved just being with the boys and their Nana.  They went on lots of other water rides, along with sixteen million other kids, half of them, it seemed, boys just-turned-eleven, and almost six.  It's amazing how much alike kids look with soaking wet hair and in trunks. 
But the more I see of my great grandsons, the more I appreciate their individual uniqueness (excuse the construct).  Their intelligence, generally cooperative ways, and interest in the world make them a pleasure to be with.  J. can discuss serious subjects with ease and T. is so bright and funny; I always have a ball with them. 
Besides being great fun, the place is rip-off heaven--for the owners, that is.  Admission is thirty dollars, (although over 65s, such as your truly, get in free) and you're not allowed to bring your own food.  My modest chef's salad came to a hefty $10.99, in addition to two something for coffee.  Combined with the boys' and their grandmother's lunch, the bill came to just a few cents under fifty bucks.  I didn't, however, pay for any of it.
Besides...what would I pay for a such a bright (figuratively speaking) and beautiful day with these bright and beautiful children?
Nothing, because it was priceless.
   

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...