Friday, July 19, 2013

Karen And Lunch

I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I got to Hammonton.  It's only 27 miles and I was very early, but no matter.  There's a Shop-Rite next to The Silver Coin and I had time to get a few items before Karen got there.
But get there she did, and we had a grand time together.  She brought me a dozen eggs from her own chickens, for heaven's sake--what a treat.  She and I are such kindred spirits, in almost every way.  We're both pacifists, godless infidels, and we regard our government with the utmost distaste and suspicion.  We're both fans of Blue Moon and both enjoyed the brew with the meal.  Karen is also involved in standing up to Montsano and GMO--good luck with that--and brought me a list of companies it's recommended be boycotted. 
While we lunched, I got a call from Rachel, whom I told I'd call when I got home.  Did so, only to find she wanted to talk over my characterization of the prince in the godforsaken reading we're doing in September.  I'm so sorry I ever agreed to stay in this silly group, but I won't quit now.  We meet today at 1:15.
After a leisurely lunch, we parted, and I zipped home to get in my suit and repair to the pool.  It didn't seem possible that it could be even hotter than it has been the last few days, but this was a lulu.  Enjoyed the water for an hour or so.
Got a call inviting me to the lake with the boys, so I'll go to the rehearsal in Ventnor, then drive up there.  It's going to be tight--hope I make it before they have to leave.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...