Friday, July 12, 2013

Lunch, What Else?

The rain held off until after our walk, but it came down steadily after that.  No matter; I had a slew of errands to run in Atlantic County and years ago, I made the conscious decision not to use the weather as a reason for changing my plans (barring, of course, the occasional hurricane or ice storm).
So I set off with an umbrella, first to Bam!, then Fabulous Jewelry, then a few other places.  Along the way, no surprise here, I called Betty to suggest lunch.  She was seeing some patients not far away, so agreed immediately, no surprise there, either.
After some mix up with our cell phone functions--mine ran out of minutes and I had to rush into Rite Aid to buy more, and Betty's sound quality was poor--we met at Friendly's.  Betty had taken Muckie to get her car after repair--the car's 17 years old--and she joined us, which is always a pleasure.
After a nice lunch, during which we firmed up our plans for Sunday in Margate--lunch at the Downbeach Deli, then Hairspray--we parted.  The rain had stopped by then and I did various and sundry--so important I can't remember what--until beddy-bye time.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...