Saturday, July 20, 2013

Rehearsal And The Lake

After our walk and breakfast, I sped up to Manahawkin to get a present for Tristan, the soon-to-be six-year-old.  I never buy guns for children (or anyone else, of course), but I made an exception for a "water cannon," which shoots water twenty feet and can go around corners.  Got home before 10:00.  Did a load or two of wash and prepared for the Ad Hoc Players rehearsal.
It was called for 1:15 and I got to Ventnor early, so stopped to say hello to Mary H. and her sister, Madge.  Stayed for just a few minutes--they were getting ready to go to the beach, where they sit and bake regularly and boy, is that in the realm of To Each His Own.
Arrived at the library right on time and we rehearsed The Ugly Duckling.  It's a silly little one-actor by A.A. Milne, of Winnie, The Pooh fame, and wouldn't have been my choice, but what the hey.  We learned that Sondra M. has dropped out, so Bobbi C. was given the part of the princess, against whom, I, the prince, play most of the time.  Bobbi is no actress, and I wonder how that will turn out.  Yesterday, she wasn't there and Rachel took the part.  Much as Rachel drives me crazy, I think she'd do a lot more with the princess than Bobbi.
Rushed off at 2:30 in order to meet up with the guys at the lake, and I got there in just over an hour--record time, I think.  They had to leave in a half hour, but I got that much water time with them, anyway, and it was so much fun.  What great kids they are--high-spirited and exuberant, but courteous and curious--a great combination, it seems to me--and I'm proud of them.
Thought I'd go right to the pool when I got home, but then realized I didn't have my card with me, so scratched that and settled on showering instead.  After dinner, I drove down Radio Road to the water; was surprised to see how choppy it was.
Nice, nice, busy summer day, a long series of which I've been lucky enough to enjoy, and today should be no exception.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...