Saturday, July 06, 2013

Day With Aline

Spent a low-key, but pleasant, day with Aline.  We first went to lunch--natch--on Jimmie Leeds Road, this time at the Irish Pub.  We both like Italian Gourmet, but I suggested this just for a change.  Had soup and sandwich, along with "Celtic Red" ale--very tasty.
After, Aline asked if we could go to Wal-Mart so she could pick up a few things.  Went to the one in Manahawkin, after simply forgetting the one across from Hamilton Mall.  We both bought sundry items, then at Aline's suggestion, stopped at Jeffreeze.  She got a cone, but I didn't want one; just had water while she ate her butter pecan.
Dropped my companion off about 5:00 and went home for a dinner of the chick pea stew Susan had brought over before our walk.  She had made a big batch for the H.'s party and had a lot left over.  Yum, it was good and I have more for tonight.  Talked to Betty later; she'll come over to go in the pool someday next week. 

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

"Celtic Red ale" ... mmmmm, that DOES sound good! It's a shame I can't hang out with you and your friends. I'm missing out!

Mimi said...

Jim, when you come east, you and your lady can hang out with us anytime. As for Celtic Red, I've never seen it anywhere else--of course, I never look for it, either.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...