Friday, April 26, 2013

The Law, Wellsboro, And Due Process

Good grief, I'm a felon! 
Or something.  I got a "Notice of Enforcement Action" from the law demanding $51.50 for--they allege--going through the E-Z Pass lane on the parkway without paying the $1.50 due.  (I don't even have E-Z Pass.)  How could I have done this?  Yes, I was in the area--it was the day after I got back from California and I was in Toms River to the Pinelands affair at which my son-in-law spoke.  Just don't remember any such violation and I sure as heck didn't do it on purpose.
Moving right along: Zipped over to Produce Junction and got veggies, as well as a pretty hydrangea plant for the kids in Wellsboro; will add a card and some dough, of course.  Stopped at Bam!, wanting to get the book I'm Five for precious little Violet, who will be just that in July, but they didn't have it.  Must look at Amazon.
Home, I chopped a lot to make stir-fry for my dinner guest.  She came and we had a nice visit. I'm leaving for up north at noon, then we go to the real north in upstate Pennsy.  Can't wait to see the kids, the newly bought house, and even the two newly acquired doggies.
WIDER:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-boston-suspect-had-no-firearm-when-barrage-of-bullets-hit-hiding-place/2013/04/24/376fc8a0-ad18-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html
The new "law enforcement" mantra: If a suspect is a suspect, he's guilty as charged.  That silly, old-fashioned idea of "poo drocess"--or whatever--can be ignored.  Don't bother to try to capture, just shoot to kill as they did that former cop in California, not to mention bin Laden and the American cleric--oh, and his teenaged son, too, who must be guilty of something--he's a family member, isn't he?  As for racking up a big score offing those kids overseas, hey, they'd grow up to be terrorists, so might as well get 'em while they're young.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...