Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Terrific

What a terrific day we had!  Picked up Ellen's friend, Linda C., at 11:00 and went to the Mission San Buenventura, the last parish founded personally  by Padre Junipero Serra.  The church, started in 1795 and completed in 1809 is still in use and is a beautiful structure, as are the grounds.
After, we repaired to a Mexican restaurant for lunch of tosados, preceded for each of us with a yummy Margarita.  We hit a few shops--I couldn't resist buying a funny card--then dropped Linda off after inviting her back to go in the hot tub.  El and I changed into bathing suits and when Linda arrived, went to soak.  It felt wonderful, as the air was none too warm--I think about 60 or so.
We stayed more than an hour--had the pool area to ourselves--and had a great time talking and, in my case, getting to know Linda.  She had been a psychiatric case manager (must have been a demanding job), single, and is a native Californian, as well as a nice person to know.  
Shriveled up like prunes, we went back to El's and said goodbye to Linda.  By that time, it was 7:00 and I changed into my p.j.s and robe.  Ellen made us another great dinner--salad and salmon--then  we watched Limitless from (on?) Netflix.  I had seen this before at El's a few years ago and I find it a terrifically engrossing movie.  Went to bed and slept like a log.
Was pleased to get a Facebook message this morning from Christine R., my opposite number in Arsenic, and hope to meet up with her one of these days.
This morning, we leave for points south--Carlsbad?--to meet up with Mike and family--yay!  We'll stay over, then go with them to L.A.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...