Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lunch And Exercise

Another goodie.  Thought I'd just be fiddling around, but Aline called early and, apologising profusely, said she had forgotten to tell me that exercise at Stafford Library had resumed.  She was working from 5:00 to 9:00, but  was going in for volunteer work early and would go to lunch at a Chinese restaurant nearby at 1:00.  Why didn't I join her?  Yes, why not?  And I did. 
First, I strolled three doors down to Leslie's to pick up my ticket for the Women's Club luncheon.  She invited me in and we had a nice chat. 
Met Aline at the restaurant for a tasty and inexpensive lunch, then stopped at B.J.'s for a few items.  I walked by a "slims you" (yeah, sure) bathing suit and bought it after ascertaining I could return it if it doesn't fit.  We then went to the "First Feet" exercise or whatever it's called, and enjoyed it, although the leader seems to rush it a bit.
Said goodbye to Aline, then stopped at Staples and found they can't copy the two old pictures I want done.  Went to A.C. Moore and the woman there said she was unable to, also.  However, she was very nice, very knowledgeable. and very helpful in directing me to Island Arts in Ship Bottom on LBI.
The two photos are formal ones of my father at college--Villanova--posing with his mates on the wrestling squad and the debating team.  My mother gave me these years ago and I have them in appropriate frames n the living room.  I conceived the idea of sending copies to my nephew, Patrick, as a thank-you for the wonderful time I had in Baltimore.
These are not, however, ordinary pictures.  They are vintage photographs, mounted by the studio on heavy, cardboard-like paper.  The pictures themselves are 10" by 13 1/2," but the boards they're on are several inches larger.  They may have been done by tintype, I was told, and It's beginning to dawn on me their duplication could cost big bucks. 
Must leave in a half hour for my mammogram appointment.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...