Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lunch and No Dinner

With the help of neighbor, son, and daughter, my computer graphics are almost back to normal, but not quite.  For instance, new e-mails used to show up in bolder type than those read, and now they don't.  Oh, well, guess I can live with it.
Got to the FELS (Friends of Encore Learning at Stockton) a few minutes early.  Never thought to ask if others in my FELS group would be there, but was pleased to see Louise, Bernice, Lynne, and Mary Jo, as well as Rachel.  Gave the appropriate program person my proposal (I love alliteration!) and had a nice lunch.  I noticed a white-haired little old lady in a 1970s pants suit at a nearby table and assumed she was somebody's mother from the sticks.  Turned out she's the chief executive officer, External Affairs and Institutional Research and was the guest speaker. 
Stopped in to say hello to Betty, then went on home.  Tidied myself up and got to the Olive Garden a bit early for Vivian's and my 6:30 date.  Waited for her...and waited...and waited....  After calling her and leaving a  message, I finally left.  When I got home, I called again.  Discovered she didn't think I had accepted her invitation for dinner because although I thought I had e-mailed her back confirming, she never got it.  I checked and it wasn't in my "sent" folder, so clearly I never sent it.  Dang!  Well, I e-mailed her with an apology, and I hope we can try again.
Lunch with Aline today.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...