Monday, April 15, 2013

Profile and Pat R.

FINALLY got the profile on the F.'s done and it's not too shabby, if I say it myself.  Sent it off to Joe and Barbara, asking if they'd check for errors, as I always do.  I'm careful not to word my request anything like "see if this is all right," or "do you want to any changes in this?" because I'm not looking for literary criticism.  Getting little pieces like this right is hard work and for what I get paid--yeah, zilch--I'm not going to be a ghost writer.  For this genre, I honestly think my stuff isn't half bad, or so people tell me.  Also, judging by the next-to-illiterate submissions we get for The Breeze from others (I do most of the English usage editing), I doubt if we have any Maxwell Perkins* types around here.
That done and sent off, I went late in the afternoon to Shop-Rite and replenished my store of goodies, including lettuce, tomatoes, and cottage cheese.  By the time I left, it was quarter to five and I realized Aline would be getting off work at the library shortly.  Surprised her by picking her up to take home.  It's always a pleasure to see her and we made a lunch date for tomorrow. 
Have an eye doctor appointment this afternoon.  I always dread these because I fear vision problems more than anything else.
Good, as ever, seeing and talking to Ellen last night.  It was also good to read my friend, Pat R.'s, blog and find she's settling in well to her new independent living home in south Jersey.  After she lost her husband, Pat had the awesome courage to sell her long-time Virginia Beach home and go back to her roots.  If my circumstances were similar--if I had the money, to be crass about it--I would definitely consider a similar move. 
Anyway, it's a pleasure to read her blog.  That's partly because it tells the story of a life different from mine (but in the basics, not so different) and partly because she writes so well. 
*Look it up.         

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Thanks for the compliment Rosemary.
I must clarify to family and friends, I am far from living in assisted living---that will be the case one day, I'm certain. Currently I live in one of the independent living units where several of the residents still go to work every day.

These places are called CCRCs I.e. Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Once in--you are assured of life long care. High entrance fee, but they even have studio apartments. When you come to visit, I'll give you the sales pitch ---I bet you can afford it.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...