Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Enjoyable

Turned out an enjoyable day.  The lovely sunshine still prevailed and Susan and I walked with just light jackets.  After breakfast, jumped in the shower, then met my fellow Red Hats (I still hate that stupid name and even more, the whole concept, but I like the people in it and I sure like lunch) at the clubhouse.  After a short meeting, we took off for Smithville, Jo G. driving the car I was in, Lillian M., the other. 
Fred and Ethel's is actually a pretty nice place.  I had a good Caesar salad with chicken and an excellent wheat beer from Belgium.  After, we stopped in the Irish shop and I got Patrick and Susan bone china mugs with Gaelic sayings on them.  Good--I'll return the three books I bought for the children; kids have plenty of everything and I regretted the cost (forty-two dollars).
Had time to go to the viewing for Libby and walked in with Susan and Walter.  A number of neighbors were there, as is always the case.  Talked to Libby's daughter and sisters (she was one of twelve children), as well as her last care giver.  I almost, but not quite, made the faux pas of remarking on how nice her hair looked.  Oops, she had lost all her hair, and I remember that just in time.  Well, it was a nice wig.
Went from there directly to Barbara and Joe F.'s, whom I interviewed for The Breeze.  What a neat couple and it was great fun to hear their interesting background.  I won't go into any detail except to say that she speaks Portuguese and he's an amateur astronomer.
Home, I typed up my notes--it's going to be hard to decide what to leave out, there's so much material--and had some leftover stir-fry.  Betty called and we decided we'd both leave tomorrow from A. C. after all.
Now to finish packing and do a few other last minute chores, then relax for the night.  Will set the alarm for 4:30, I guess, as I want to leave by five or a bit after.
(Wrote this late yesterday; leaving now for Baltimore.)

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...