Sunday, April 07, 2013

Home Again

Said a teary--but at least not sobby--goodbye to darling daughter and trudged into LAX.  Got checked in and so on with no problem and had time to get a bagel and coffee at Starbucks, while I read the NYTimes about poor Roger Egert.
The plane--as they kept announcing and I wished they'd shut up--was filled to capacity.  This always makes me imagine it will drop with all that weight--but my Ativan then kicked in and I was sanguine.
Got to Philly and picked up with no prob and was driven to daughter's, fed a nice pasta dish and a glass of wine (or was it beer?  or maybe iced tea?  The Ativan can cause lingering amnesia), then turned in about 9:00.  I was amazed that I had to be awakened at 9:30 until I was reminded it would be 6:30 California time.
Had breakfast, then we took my car to follow my son-in-law to the Toms River Library, where the pineland photographers group to which he belongs was having a "Pinelands Day."  There were lectures and videos, and lovely framed pictures by members--several by my SIL--and he presented a workshop on what to take when you go in the woods to photograph.
Very interesting and fun.  I stayed until his part was over, then went home with no problem.  Stopped at Acme for cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, and other goodies.  Unpacked for the most part.  Called Anne Mary to see how she was after breaking her hip last week.  Hip is doing well, but not nearly as well as her mouth, which operates 24/7, seemingly under no mental control, and drives me crazy.  I told her I'd get her a coffee (3/4 decaf, 1/4 caramel) at Wawa on Monday and I will, but you can be damn sure I'll be in a hurry otherwise.  Also promised to go to Target to get her yogurt-covered raisins. 
Talked to Leslie and Joan C., who has broken her knee; promised if she needed me, that I'd drive her wherever.
Now, after a wonderful, but whirlwind, mini-vacation, I'm going to designate today one of rest and will just laze around--unless something interesting comes up.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...