Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Viv And Bone Scan

Susan and I walked with raincoats and umbrellas, but I was still soaked when I got home.  Spent the rest of the daylight hours on chores, talking on the phone, and playing hidden object games. 
It was still raining when night was beginning to lower* (I can't help it, I was an English major), and I considered calling Viv to postpost our dinner date.  Glad I didn't, though, and we met at Applebee's, I fearfully early, she on time at six.
We had a fine time chatting and catching up.  I met Viv, who lives in Barnegat, when I joined Wellspouse, an organization for caregivers.  Viv's husband was diagnosed with MS thirty years ago and is now at a point where he can move only one arm and that with difficulty.  She has cared for him since, while raising three children, working a full-time job, and attending college.  Now a grandmother of two, she's on the cusp of getting her masters degree.  I hope it lands her something better than her current support job at Ocean Community College.
Got up today all prepared to keep my 8:00 am appointment for a routine bone density test, then meet Betty for breakfast.  But darn!  I forgot I wasn't supposed to take calcium for 24 hours and had my second yesterday about  one o'clock.  Tried to call just now, but they're not open yet and you can't leave a message.  I'll just have to go in, apologize, and see if I can do the paperwork and come back later in the day. 
* Always liked that word, which is from Longfellow's The Children's Hour:
Between the dark and the daylight/When the night is beginning to lower/Comes a pause in the day's occupation/Which is known as the children's hour....  Yes, it rhymes with "hour."         

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...