Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Intervew

Went over to interview Pat M. at 10:00.  She is a cheery, energetic woman who moved to Sunrise Bay only in June, but was born in Tuckerton and is a livelong resident there and in Little Egg Harbor.  She and her late husband were high school sweethearts and I was amused to hear her refer to him as an "over the dammer."  It seems that those who lived in Little Egg were called that because Tuckerton Lake, which has a modest dam, was the dividing line between the two municipalities.
After, I took the containers and buckets I was donating over to the middle school.  There were lots of people there receiving and sorting what seemed a vast amount of old and new donations for those who had lost homes and possessions.  I want to volunteer to help there sometime next week.
Other than the above, not a lot of any import went on, either here or in the country, I guess. 

   

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...