Saturday, November 10, 2012

Various And Petraeus

Stopped at the little auto supply place on Route 9 for a new headlight.  Discovered I needed only a turn signal light and suddenly realized they come in twos and I had one in the glove compartment.  Now I have to get Mastercraft to put it in.
Was gratified to receive another "head light" (a literal one, a band  you put around your head for when the power goes out) along with the book, The Liberal Defence for Murder, by Richard Seymour.  I had ordered them from Amazon just two days ago--talk about fast service. 
Yesterday, my dear cousin--my "Cincinnati Sis"--announced the publication of her own book, Breaking Through Concrete and I ordered it immediately.  It's an account of being raised by parents with mental disorders.  Her father, my uncle, seems to have been afflicted with depression, although I doubt if he was ever formally diagnosed.  Her mother, whom I knew well--or as well as I wanted to--was manic-depressive and schizophrenic, a nightmare combination for the three children.
Spent a lot of the day writing up the profile of Pat M.  It's okay, I guess, but not one of my better efforts.  Seems to have come out somewhat flat.  Well, I'll send it to her to check for errors and maybe tweak it a bit after that.
John P. suggested I send him my Hell On Wheels sketch for possible inclusion in our Players & Playwrghts' December 15 readers' theatre production.  Did so and am looking forward to our meeting today at Stockton.
WIDER:  How the media lapdogs are yapping at the general's extramarital affair:
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/11/09/cia-chief-petraeus-resigns-leaked-classified-info-to-girlfriend/
The fact that he had a definitive hand in the slaughter of yay-many thousands of people seems to have given nobody pause, but slip into bed with his biographer?  What a juicy scandal!  There's some reason to believe he shared something other than--uh, bodily fluids with her, too, namely classified information.  Guess he'll be in a cell near Bradley Manning any day now.  Sur-r-re he will.  

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Mimi, as usual, you've hit it (the Petraeus business) exactly on the nose.

I hope you enjoy your headlight more than I've enjoyed mine. For some reason, it bothers me to read with it.

Mimi said...

Jim, I went to three stores nearby and the head lights were all sold out--not unusual considering our recent hurricane and long power outages. Guess I won't need it unless that happens again.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...