Friday, November 09, 2012

Here And There

Went into Manahawkin for a few errands, including trying to get a new headlight for the car.  No luck at B.J.'s or Wal-Mart, so I think I'll have to get it at the (probably outrageous expensive) little automotive store here.  Then I'll have to get somebody else to install it.
Stopped at the library, then at Habitat to see how they're fixed for furniture.  All seems the same, so maybe people flooded out of their homes are going elsewhere.  More likely, they just haven't be able to re-furnish yet.  Two decorative dolls caught my eye and, of course, I had to have them, not sure why.
Stopped at the distribution center on the way home.  It was good to see that the relief group has taken over a second good-sized vacant store, where they're storing and giving out food and other non-clothing.  Talked to Leslie and we'll both go over to help on Monday.
I was notified that the FELS Readers' Theatre group, which usually meets at the Margate Library, has been cancelled for November.  Players and Playwrights, this Saturday, will meet at Stockton State College, where our leader, John, teaches, instead of the Ventnor Library.  I assume both changes are because of the storm.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...